Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Message from Steve

Hi everybody, this is Steve.
I just want to thank you for everything you've done for me and my family. This whole thing has been so humbling to me. You know, you go through so much turmoil and heartache with the insurance company and you think, "What's wrong with the world?"
You're hit with a problem that's so much bigger than you and you're knocked over and falling. And then there are people next to you, helping you out, and it's just amazing.
I'd gotten behind on insurance premiums (yep, Cigna. But we have to keep the coverage, no matter what Cigna has done). Because of you, I was able to pay the past-due premiums. I used your contributions to get new tires for the donated van and do the minor repairs it needed. Last night, we used the van to take Marian to the beach.

Coddington
It was our first family outing in 18 months. We had a ball!
It's really hard for me to ask for help. I've always been self-reliant. But you have treated me like family.
And I can't thank you enough.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Steve, Marian, Chloe and Grant,

    I truly can not imagine how you have gotten through these immense personal challenges and the obstacles that are intrinsic to life's struggles. Your family's experiences with Marian's illness alone is more than most people and families are able to manage or even comprehend.

    And after being forced into this nightmare, having to assimilate to the ever-changing "new normal," navigate the medical labyrinth, get Marian the care she needs, keep your family together, protect and shelter your children and deal with the demands of "regular everyday life," CIGNA decides this is the battle they wanted to pick?

    Listen up CIGNA - you picked the wrong fight. Figure it out. Quickly.

    Your family is now at the top of my shameless adoration list. Please keep us posted on how you are all doing.

    ReplyDelete